Recent Posts

Chapter 033: I Am The Villain's Lackey With Sign-in System



 
 
Splendour Translations

Thank you.


<<Back>> <<Next>>


Pledge on Ko-fi to get rewarded with 20+ Advance chapters. 






Chapter 33: Yes, I Am That Kind of Person:
 

All the eyes of the Tang family members were focused on Long Tian. The meaning was clear: they wanted Long Tian to leave.

Long Tian clenched his fists tightly and thought inwardly, "Leave? No, I finally came up with this plan. How can I just give up like this?"

“Elder, believe me, I am the only one in the world who can cure Tang Ming. Only me!”

Facing Long Tian’s intense gaze, the elderly Tang Kangzheng’s expression remained unchanged.

“Get him out! ”

These simple words made Tang Kangzheng’s point clear.

Long Tian knew that staying any longer would be futile.

However, before leaving, he turned to Tang Gulan and warned, “Don’t regret this. Only I can cure Tang Ming’s illness. When the time comes, you’ll be begging on your knees!”

“How dare you!”

Such words incited the anger of all the Tang family members present.

The undeterred Long Tian continued to stare at Tang Gulan, even imagining how he would use this situation to punish her in the future.

Tang Gulan remained calm and said, “Just wait and see. The person I know has medical skills far beyond yours!”

“Hmph!”

Long Tian finally left. Only then did the Tang family members turn to Tang Gulan.

“Xiao Lan, are you serious?”

“This isn't something to joke about!”

The Tang family was willing to do anything to cure Tang Ming.

“Don’t worry!”

Tang Gulan smiled and nodded at the questions, then looked at Tang Kangzheng.

“Grandfather, I'll go find Mr. Ye right away!”

Though they didn’t know who this Mr. Ye was, Tang Kangzheng trusted his granddaughter.

Meanwhile, Ye Liuyun was driving, one hand on the wheel, and the other 'helping' Qu Yingmeng smooth her hair. After a while, Qu Yingmeng looked up and gave Ye Liuyun a playful glare.

“Are you trying to suffocate me?”

“Haha, my lady is so beautiful, I can’t bear to let go!”

“Rascal!”

Qu Yingmeng couldn’t help but laugh at Ye Liuyun’s words, though her smiling lips showed she was pleased.

“Do you have time today?”

“Yes, why?”

“Then spend more time with me!”

With that, Qu Yingmeng leaned back against him.

“I’ve missed you so much!”

[Damn, this temptress!]

[Fortunately, I have the Six Paths Immortal Thief; otherwise, I couldn't handle this!]

[Six Paths Immortal Thief forever!]

Just then, Qu Yingmeng’s phone rang.

“Huh?”

Qu Yingmeng answered the call with a curious expression, which changed several times before she hung up.

“?”

Ye Liuyun noticed her mood soured after the call.

“What’s wrong? Trouble at work?”

“No!”

She shook her head slightly and looked at Ye Liuyun with a hint of sadness.

“It’s just that you might not have much time to spend with me today.”

“What?”

Ye Liuyun was confused by her cryptic words.

“Let’s go to the company. You’ll understand then.”

Ye Liuyun drove toward the company without further questions.

Upon arrival, he quickly understood what Qu Yingmeng meant.

“Tang Gulan?”

Indeed, Tang Gulan was outside Qu Yingmeng’s company.

It seemed like she was unable to contact Ye Liuyun directly, so she came here knowing his connection with Qu Yingmeng.

“Mr. Ye!”

Seeing Ye Liuyun, Tang Gulan approached him with a serious expression.

“Uh!”

Her sudden address left Ye Liuyun momentarily at a loss.

“What do you need?”

“I’d like to request your help in treating someone!”

[Treat?]

[Could it be her brother Tang Ming?]

[But how does she know I have medical skills?]

With these thoughts, Ye Liuyun looked at Tang Gulan with suspicion. But Tang Gulan, prepared for this, explained calmly.

“I heard about your miraculous skills at the Yao family’s banquet. I greatly admire your abilities, Mr. Ye!”

“Alright!”

[Oh, so that’s how she knows!]

This explanation made sense to Ye Liuyun. Seeing he wasn’t suspicious, Tang Gulan felt relieved; her prior investigation hadn’t been in vain.

Qu Yingmeng stood nearby and observed Tang Gulan with interest. She guessed that she might also hear Ye Liuyun’s thoughts.

[She didn’t go to Long Tian but came to me instead?]

[So, should I help or not?]

Frankly, whether or not he helped treat Tang Ming didn’t matter much to Ye Liuyun.

Also, though the Tang family’s influence was impressive to others, it didn’t hold much weight with him. He didn’t need their power.

Hearing Ye Liuyun’s hesitation, Tang Gulan realized that he didn’t need the Tang family’s support with his system. They had nothing he needed—except...

After a moment of hesitation, without waiting for Ye Liuyun to respond, Tang Gulan took a step forward and grabbed his hand.

“Please, this is a personal request. If Mr. Ye helps, I... I will not refuse any of your requests in the future!”

Her face flushed with embarrassment at this bold offer.

[Oh, wow!]

Ye Liuyun wasn't a fool and understood her implicit suggestion immediately. However...

[What’s this, a hint?]

[Do they think I’m that kind of person?]

[Is there nothing else in my mind besides such thoughts?]

Hearing his thoughts, Tang Gulan felt a bit ashamed. Ye Liuyun was a gentleman, yet she underestimated him.

“Mr. Ye, I...”

She started to speak, hoping to make amends, but...

“I agree!”

[Yes, I am that kind of person!]

“...”
-To be continued!


....


T/N: Thanks for reading!





Pledge on Ko-fi to get rewarded with Advance chapters. 





1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form